I’m in Las Vegas right now attending TheBlogWorldExpo2010. Why? Besides the fact that it’s fun and inspiring and I get to hang out and drink cocktails with people like Naomi Dunford and Dave Navarro? There are loads of other reasons. I will have to write a post on that when I get back. The main reason for this trip has a lot to do with putting your personal passion into action for your business. And when it comes down to passion and business I love sharing my thoughts with you. So more on that later. For now I’m keeping What Happens In Vegas sweet, simple and shareable. So please feel free to do so.
Best speaker of the day
His main message
Stop marketing. Start engaging.
What did I walk away with?
Some great very tweetable lessons that should be shared with everybody who’s running a business.
1. Marketing isn’t a task. It’s not a department. It’s every interaction your people have with other people. Everyone in your business is a marketer.
2. What people spread hasn’t changed. How they spread it has. People spread awesome. Your task? Create awesome.
3. On SEO: The best SEO is to write awesome content. People spread awesome. Period.
4. On blogging: If it’s got passion in it, it’s got awesome. If not, don’t write it.
5. Social media is not a religion. You don’t have to “believe” in it. It’s conversations. And they are out there.
6. Social media is an amplifier. If your product sucks, social media makes it suck more.
To be honest, I have no idea. There’s so much to see, so many people to meet and such little time to shake off this jetlag. I did though promise myself to go see Leo Babauta from ZenHabits talk about creating blogs from nothing. Sounds pretty zen, but need to rush out to make it on time now.
So, catch you later!
Don’t hesitate to tweet me intelligent (or stupid funny) questions to ask anyone here. Have noticed they like the Dutch very much in Vegas. More of us should be here next year!